CEL Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEL Question

Ok in the Explorer (Which has the v8 5.0 motor in it it has a chronic CEL problem. The CEL comes on all the time when apparently nothing is wrong. One oft hese days I am gonna take it to the AutoZone to get the codes checked.

When my uncle bought it in 01 it had these problems and the dealership said the oil pressure sensor was faulty so they replaced it...it c ame back on. They said and did the same thing. How in the world can the Oil pressure sensor go bad 5 times in a row?

Anyways I think the IAC is gunked up too...the truck stutters kinda under partial throttle but it smoothes out when i give it more gas or back off. Would a gummed IAC cause a CEL to pop up?
    i\'m back bitches!

CEL could come on for a million and one usless reasons on new Fords. The oil pressure sensor going bad could be too. Though I doubt it. IAC could and often does cause the shudder at certain loads and/or RPMs.

My father has a dedicated line to FMOCO support and 1 in every 5 times they tell him to ignore that code. In other words, "We made a piece of crap and we don't know or care how to fix it."

Comment

that 01 explorer is obd2 and eecV..........leaving the gas cap loose will cause the check engine light to come on, they are also plauged with evap emmisions codes.........honestly one of 1000 things is causing the light to come on

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The hesitation could also be TPS sensor related. Without the codes it would be near impossible to figure out though.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X