Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny or engine problem?

1986 Grand Maruis LS coupe

I have noticed that my car hesitates/ stutters when the accelerator is gently pushed to slightly move foward, like in traffic jams. The car doesn't do this when I push it harder. The car has recently had a fuel injection service, new fuel filter, air filter, plugs + wires, cap + rotor, and STP fuel injector cleaner every oil change. The car has 73,300 miles with orig tranny (serviced around 62,000) and engine. Not sure what is causing the hesitation/ stuttering. Possibly a linkage? Any suggestions? Thanks

Car Pics [/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Check the TPS.

The voltage may be out of whack, or the TPS bad...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I was thinking the voltage might be the issue. The lights flicker now and then but the alternator is fairly new so it might be the voltage regulator. I am going to test the TPS, alternator, and battery with the meter and see what happens. I am think i also might need a load tester?
      sigpic
      1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Working...
      X