cam question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam question

my lower intake is leaking and got to change it so while got intake off im gonna put in explorer cam. what i need to know is will my rebuilt stock heads
    with all stock springs and rocker arms,push rods work with explorer cam.i got mark d9s and i know i got to change fireing order and i got 19lb injectors i just need to know if this will work before i change cams if not ill just do intake gaskets.this is my daily driver
    87 cv wagon lx 302 sefi

you need the HO ecu t omake all of that work.

the explorer cam is very mild and tops out around 4500. stock heads are fine... since it's a stock cam
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

so the d9s ecu from a 1989 LINCOLN MARK VII LSC wont work with explorer cam what about a mustang 9ap ecu

Comment

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
        so the d9s ecu from a 1989 LINCOLN MARK VII LSC wont work with explorer cam what about a mustang 9ap ecu
        yes it will work since it's an HO eec.
        Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

yes, the mark vii computer will work.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oh, that confused me since you never mentioned it was an ECU, D9 is also a basic 1979 part number prefix. I did not know what a "mark d9s" was.

My lower intake is leaking and I need to change it. So, while I have the intake off I'm going to put in an explorer cam. What I need to know is will my rebuilt stock heads
            with all stock springs, rocker arms, and push rods work with an explorer cam. I have a Mark 7 D9S and I know I have to change the firing order and I have 19lb injectors. I just need to know if this will work before I change cams. If not I'll just do the intake gaskets. This is my daily driver, an 87 CV Wagon LX 302 sefi.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

ok thanks guys

Comment

swapping a cam is alot more involved then just taking the intake off. once youve got that off your only about 1/5 of the way to getting the cam out. you still have to take just about everything off the front of the motor, take the balencer off, the timing cover, the timing chain, the destributer, the lifters, and then you can pull the cam out.
                1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

There are special dealies that have magnets that will pick the lifters up, allowing you to pull the cam withoput removing the intake. Never used them but they sound interesting. If one dropped tho, you're stuck pulling the intake and hoping the lifter didn't fall down into the oil pan.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                  X