SVO Intake Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVO Intake Question

Stupid question time! Would there be any way to get the 94/95 SVO intake to work on an 89 CV? I can get the matching lower as well. Trying to find Dad an early Father's day present. Pic is below...

Thanks,

Jay
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

That is a 94-95 COBRA intake with an SVO decal. It will NOT work without VERY extensive modifications. Any aftermarket/performance intake is too much for a stock vic motor.

Blaze86Vic has one on his car....check out his readers rides or cardomain to see the mods needed to make it fit.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

You'd be better off with an Explorer one, since it can be made to face the right way. Its not going to do anything useful on a stock motor though. An HO upper on the stock lower will get you some benefit, but beyond that it will start to cost you torque.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'll trade you straight across, I have an Explorer intake sitting right here. It's the internal EGR Intake, so it should work...
        Last edited by Guest; 02-21-2009, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
          That is a 94-95 COBRA intake with an SVO decal. It will NOT work without VERY extensive modifications. Any aftermarket/performance intake is too much for a stock vic motor.

Blaze86Vic has one on his car....check out his readers rides or cardomain to see the mods needed to make it fit.
          Blaze also has the intake from his car flipped in the mustang direction...
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
          X