intake Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake Q

has anyone tried to put a duel quad intake on one of these, i was just looking at one and thought that would be nice.
    1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
    1983 lincoln mark VI, all factory
    2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

Originally posted by bowman83merc View Post
    has anyone tried to put a duel quad intake on one of these, i was just looking at one and thought that would be nice.
    The DUAL-4-barrel intake is kind of pointless for almost any 302....unless you had aftermarket heads, tubular headers, big cam, high-rpm capability (7000 rpm+), or an extra 45 cubic inches (347 stroker)....then it might come in handy.

On an interesting side-note; the full-race-trim Boss 302 engine used for the 1969 SCCA Trans-Am season in all Ford Boss 302 Race Mustangs ran a pair of 1050-CFM Holley Dominators...but that's with an 8500-rpm redline. They lost the dual Dominators for the 1970 season due to rules changes....trying to substitute a 2000cfm 'Cross-Boss' inline 4-barrel carb was attempted, but not allowed....and the Bud Moore 'Mini-plenum' intake was ran instead, with a standard single 1050 Dominator.

You may now return to your regular programming.

Comment

well say i did have a power plant to handle it would it fit with the wiper motor there
      1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
      1983 lincoln mark VI, all factory
      2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

Comment

well say i did have a power plant to handle it would it fit with the wiper motor there
        I don't see it being a problem....provided you have an actual engine that can use that much CFM. The EFI intake on the 1986-1991 cars takes up a hell of a lot of space, and is taller than most people realize....so I don't see the rear 4V carb causing that many issues.

Comment

Got a particular project in mind? I guess I think of dual-quad setups having been more useful back in the days when you couldn't buy a 1200cfm carburetor. (dual Edelbrock 1404s would only be 1000cfm for all that extra hassle and expense)

Pirate: What were the internal specs on this alleged dual-1050 engine?
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            Got a particular project in mind? I guess I think of dual-quad setups having been more useful back in the days when you couldn't buy a 1200cfm carburetor. (dual Edelbrock 1404s would only be 1000cfm for all that extra hassle and expense)

Pirate: What were the internal specs on this alleged dual-1050 engine?
            Not 'alledged', my dear boy.

I have other sources of info as well, that car is not alone in how it was set up for the Trans-Am series.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post

I have other sources of info as well, that car is not alone in how it was set up for the Trans-Am series.
              That. Is. Fucking. BEAUTIFUL.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post

i came.
                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

If you can get past the tuning issues, 2 small 4V carbs would be very cool. You would be the first guy on your block to have a Panther one.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    What were the internal specs on this alleged dual-1050 engine?
                    These Boss 302 motors were most useful on circle or road course tracks where they could maintain high RPMs. Absolutely useless on a heavy street car....

Comment

Well, yes .........

On top of that, the only Boss 302 I've helped disassemble had a HUGE mechanical roller cam in it. Probably made loads of HP at about a zillion RPM .....
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                        These Boss 302 motors were most useful on circle or road course tracks where they could maintain high RPMs. Absolutely useless on a heavy street car....
                        Unless that heavy street car was a sleeper autocross road course wagon with a 6 speed and 4.10 gears....
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                          Unless that heavy street car was a sleeper autocross road course wagon with a 6 speed and 4.10 gears....
                          *Grins Devilishly*

Comment

Working...
                          X