New mufflers on the 91....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New mufflers on the 91....

Put new mufflers on the Crown Vic today... Anyone that stood near my car while it was running could probably hear the drivers side muffler rattling. I didn't get time to replace it them before I left, for Chicago, and it was driving me nuts... So I put some flow-masters on it today... My muffler guy checked all of the pipes.. they were fine... but the mufflers were toast... You could take hold of them and turn them-- since the welds inside were broken loose...
    They are not loud at all, just a nice low rumble, sounds alot like the old Dodge hemi mufflers...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

That's the new "Super 44"?

And yeah, Rumble-Resomasters can be quite tolerable on a smaller exhaust.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thats what I was gonna strap to my Vic, but due to the price I went for the $30 Summit chambered race muffler. I am happy with it.
      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

They should sound pretty good with the HO motor.

Packman

Comment

I just got 2 super 44's and just a catback for now it sounds awasome and very tolerable but still has some bawls. I don't have any problems with mine... good luck hope you figure it out.
          Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
          HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Working...
          X