No announcement yet.

AOD gear slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a pic of my radiator assy. I guess Hose A is incoming oil from the transmission, and hose B goes back to it. It is hose B I would have to cut into?
    If so, how should I do that? Cut the steel tube (sounds kind of scary to me)?
    Attached Files

Comment

I checked the TV cable today, it was on min pressure. I set it mid pressure, but now backshifting from 3rd to 2nd has become rough. Does this mean too much pressure?

Comment

The higher the pressure is, the harsher the shifts tend to be. unfortunately without the proper gauge and block its hard to say if its too high or too low, but from a safety standpoint its better high than low. Low kills clutches, high just bangs gears and clunks overdrive.

And for your previous question, use a tubing cutter. it will make a nice clean cut.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I set it mid high, IŽll just try mid low pressure, like suggested in the brillant link in the AOD adjustment thread.

As for the tranny cooler, the manufacturer suggests a specific 2 dollar adapter. I think IŽll just go for that.

Comment

I set the TV cable to mid low pressure, and the transmission works fine: smooth shifts and no slipping. Maybe that and the tranny oil cooler will do it.

I urge any box owner to adjust their TV pressure cable (how to do it is in one of the first threads of this page), YouŽll see what it does to your car!

Comment

Working...
            X