Clear All

Do I Need to Bore Our The EGR Plate

Yo fellas,:smirk:
    This is a dumb question since most threads say bore

I just got a:
    Ho upper intake an a 60 mm throttle body with spacer an ERG
    Fuel injectors
    ECU
    from a Mark Vii at the junk yard the other day. I currently have a 302 LOPO EFI and was wondering why BORE the Plate if I have the HO EGR, can't I just install the HO EGR?

Another question about the Upper intake: I removed it and noticed the throttle body was faced toword the passenger side, My lopo throttle body is faced toward the driver side, When Installing am I going to have to install the HO intake the same direction it came off the mark Vii?

This is all new to me so any advise would be appreshiated
    1990 EFI Crown Vic Lx sigpic
    1964 Lincoln Continental (not running)
    1963 Lincoln Continental (running)
    1995 Honda Accord(Stolen)

you cannot install the Mustang/ mkVII egr spacer because everything is in the wrong location.

And install the upper plenum the way the panther currently has it. You will need to swap throttle body arms from the lopo to the HO as well.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What he said. If you lay the parts side by side, you'll see that the mounting points for the throttle cable bracket are totally different. Thats really the only reason we bore out the stocker. If you're clever with some metal, you can fab your own throttle cable bracket and not worry about it. The other option is changing out all the cables for longer ones, and looping them around so they come from the front. Thats a bit messy though, and it can cause problems with stuff binding due to the loop. Cheapest and easiest solution is just modding the stock EGR so all the factory junk fits.

And you'll want to point the HO upper the same way the stock one is. It will look stock when you're done.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

saved myself the $$$ to bore it out.
        [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

Comment

alright I guess I'll have to bore.
          1990 EFI Crown Vic Lx sigpic
          1964 Lincoln Continental (not running)
          1963 Lincoln Continental (running)
          1995 Honda Accord(Stolen)

Comment

Working...
          X