Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I went to my car the other day and I started it up and put it in d and it stalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I went to my car the other day and I started it up and put it in d and it stalled

Idk what happen but than i let it warm up for like 30sec than it was fine. The next day I went out to it and didnt put it into any gear but turn the wheel all the way than it stalled again. So I let it warm up no problems... than after that it did same in reverse later on when i let it sat for like 12 hrs so any idea what the problem is?
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

How's your IAC? Dirty IACs make things go all funky if you shift the car into gear. Where is the idle set? You didn't touch that screw on the throttle body did you?

Comment

The iac was new about a year ago. I didn't touch the idle screw but my mechanic might have. How do I check if it's I'm right spot?
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Ya may just have to let it warm up before driving.

Comment

Give it a few seconds for the idle to stabilize. Mine wants a good 30 seconds for the idle to come down to where it belongs. Usually its idled up high as soon as you start the car anyway, and its not real great to drop it in gear at a high idle.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Mine does this occasionally after I disconnect the battery and it's relearning its idle. It always thinks the IAC needs to be open less than it does and stalls the first few times. It figures it out eventually.

Did you disconnect the battery recently?
            Originally posted by gadget73
            There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
            91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
            93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
            Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
            Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
            95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

You should be letting it run for around 30 sec as stated. When the engine is dead cold it will do that.
              1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
              1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
              1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
              1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Working...
              X