X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels like air in the Hoses

1990 EFI crown Vic

dont know what it could be...

I was driving on the free way for about 20-30 minutes, i see the temp guage hit an stay in the middle, im driven around 65 -75 mph. now when I get home i checked under the hood and squeezed the upper and lower radiator hoses. I squeeze the upper, noticed it was stiff and pretty hot, I squeezed the lower hose and it felt kinda warm and sorta easy to squeeze. When I squeezed them i didn't feel much water in them.

Now what I heard is that when you squeeze these tubes while the engine is runing at idle you can feel the tube begin to expand because of the water pump pushing water through. thats what I heard

What I did so far is:

changed the thermostat (8 months ago) 195 degree one
    drained the fluid (3 months ago)
    changed the radiator cap (yesterday)

The water pump appears normal, no leaks found

any ideas fellas??
    1990 EFI Crown Vic Lx sigpic
    1964 Lincoln Continental (not running)
    1963 Lincoln Continental (running)
    1995 Honda Accord(Stolen)

Is the radiator full if you open the cap? Check while the engine is cold otherwise you might get a bath in boiling hot coolant. If its full, then i wouldn't worry about it. You won't really feel the hoses swell much. The water pump produces nearly no pressure, and the walls of the radiator hoses are designed so that they won't bulge or swell under pressure. When they start to do that, its a sure sign the hose is about to burst.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

alright.

I was just wondering cause the hose doesn't feel like there is water inside.

Now when the car is off for a while and I squeeze i can hear the water splash around in the resivour?

is this still normal?

Im a little paranoid about the cooling because a chrysler LHS i used to own blew a friggen head gasket, I didnt have the money to fix it so I would drive around with out a thermostat and always wonder when she might die out. GOD DAM CHRYSLER and there CHEAP ASS parts...

poured too much money into that car to sell it to ecology for 75 bucks...

Comment

hahahaha! i remember that. dude i sold my chrysler for only $90. damn those cars really sucked.
        good on gas but too expensive to fix.
        sigpic
        67 Ltd tudor
        67 Ltd 4door
        85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Originally posted by ald872000 View Post
          alright.

I was just wondering cause the hose doesn't feel like there is water inside.

Now when the car is off for a while and I squeeze i can hear the water splash around in the resivour?

is this still normal?

Im a little paranoid about the cooling because a chrysler LHS i used to own blew a friggen head gasket, I didnt have the money to fix it so I would drive around with out a thermostat and always wonder when she might die out. GOD DAM CHRYSLER and there CHEAP ASS parts...

poured too much money into that car to sell it to ecology for 75 bucks...
          By squeezing a pressurized hose, I'm gonna say you're overcoming the rating on the pressure cap and putting coolant in the reservoir. Nothing wrong about that.

Comment

oh, alright, just a concern I had

Comment

Originally posted by ald872000 View Post
              oh, alright, just a concern I had
              The hoses are hot when you do this right?

Comment

yes when hot i check

Comment

Working...
                X