Downshifts aren't quite right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downshifts aren't quite right

Hello, just recently bought a 1987 Crown Vic. I drove the car home, and immediately did some maintenance work including adjusting the TV pressure cable and using the new brass spacer. I used the method on the sticky in this forum, set to the MID position. I have noticed that my downshifts are not as smooth as they should be when I am slowing down. It is not terrible but it is noticeable to me. It is almost like it is down shifting too early? Can this be caused be the TV pressure being too high?

Thanks!

I tried setting my pressure that way and it just made the shifts feel.... not quite right. I think I may have had it set to high as the downshifts, as well as well as any shifting felt harsh and plain wrong. I ended up putting it back near where it started. I'd say your problem is definitely pressure related, but don't quote me on that.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
    X