88-91 351 crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88-91 351 crown vic

Just out of curiosity how muck hp does a 351 crown vic have?

in the future my dads says I should get an 94-96 impala ss cause they are pretty fast. But I love my vics and i would like to get a 351 i just love the box body of the vic.

any opinions?

Buy what you want...Nuff said!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

180hp stock I believe, not sure on the touque.
      Former panther owner
      1981 CV 351 4bbl
      1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

300 ft/lbs stock? A lopo 302 is rated at 275 ft/lbs IIRC...
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
          300 ft/lbs stock? A lopo 302 is rated at 275 ft/lbs IIRC...
          Sounds about right, the stock truck 351 made 315 ft lbs and only had a few mild upgrades compared to the vv 351.

Comment

keep the vic. mod it and make it faster then the ss

Comment

Just for reference that impala puts out 260hp and 330 ft lbs..So, for a 351 to outrun it your talking at least gt40 heads, a little cam, intake, shorty headers and an exhaust, should be good for about 280hp or so on a tight budget.

Comment

Actually it wasn't even quite so impressive. An LT1 powered Caprice or Impala will eat one for lunch stock for stock.

302 with dual exhaust in police trim made 160 hp, 280 ft/lb of torque.
                351 with dual exhaust in police trim made 180 hp, 285 ft/lb of torque.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Also Impalas and LT1 powered Caprices respond very well to mods. My 9c1 Caprice with all common bolt-ons made 279 SAE corrected hp and 310 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels through a high stall converter. Quite a few of them make 380-420 rwhp with a heads/cam swap.

Comment

Working...
                  X