Big Block Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Block Box

Didn't a guy on CVN have a BBF box? Anyone have that link available?
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Well, after a couple of years of sittin around, we finally got the 460 Vic back to the track! We ran a 14.15 at 97.5 MPH! The most interesting part of all of that? The 1-2 shift was happening at about 4800 RPM and the 2-3 was at around 4000 RPM. I guess we should have jetted the carb bac…

Ye can check his other threads if you want....

It aint much more than a warmed over stock motor, ran bottom 14s...A head/cam/intake 351 would have spanked it all over the place....But some people just gotta have a big block

Comment

Good enough. Thanks man.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Yeah, I was kind of wondering what was going on with that build....he needs to shitcan that wussy camshaft.

Comment

Yeah. They don't make a lot of power stock, but Outlaw- you can't compare apples to oranges. A stockish 460 compared to a HCI 351 isn't fair. Put a stockish 460 to a stockish 351, then put a HCI 460 to the HCI 351. Starting out with that much more displacement you'd be way ahead of the game.

Besides- I already did a P motor and T5 in a wagon... I want something different this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
            Yeah. They don't make a lot of power stock, but Outlaw- you can't compare apples to oranges. A stockish 460 compared to a HCI 351 isn't fair. Put a stockish 460 to a stockish 351, then put a HCI 460 to the HCI 351. Starting out with that much more displacement you'd be way ahead of the game.
            Whatever you say. Rotating mass, extra weight over the front end? Even more header fitment issues?

I'll take a 351w h/c/i over a 460 h/c/i thank you. I've built too many pumpgas 500+ hp 351's to stray to something else.

Comment

I do understand your thought process. My intentions really are for the novelty more than performance. I'll do a basic rebuild on a 460 with a mild cam then once it's in and running I'll start a more performance based engine build.

Comment

Working...
              X