mustang to f150 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mustang to f150 swap

so i have a 93 f150 and a 87 fox both with 5.0's the motor in the stang has alum heads and a comp cam. how hard would it be to swap these 2 motors. also the f150 is mass air the stang is SD. can i use the MAF off the f150 on the stang? thanks
    Sellin off toys... need money for the dodge!

my next door neighbor put a 93 mustang longblock in his 93 f150......everybody but me told him it wouldnt work.....he couldnt get it running right so he brought it down here and i couldnt get a timing light to work on #1..... after i replaced the defective chinese spark plug, and fixed some vac leaks it runs fine

that cam prob isnt going to do you any good for low end torque in a f150, trade it for a ho or explorer cam, and use the truck ecm and injection and maf for now

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

what he said. truck cam and intake in the truck, use the ecm and whatnot from the truck. you could make it a lot more complicated and get into nonsense wiring harness changes, but thats useless and way too much work. The truck motor in the mustang is also gonna suck, you're gonna want to use an HO cam in that, especially being speed density. SD just doesn't respond well to major cam changes, and it gets real screwed up when the vacuum signal changes.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well turns out the guy ended up scrappin it after he said he said he would sell it to me. bastard!
        Sellin off toys... need money for the dodge!

Comment

darn

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
          X