1970 302 heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1970 302 heads

This is more out of curiousity but i was wondering if these heads would be any good in comparison to e5, e7, and gt40 heads....? how do they compare?

-Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

for the most part , E7s and GT40 are the best.

70's heads are good but they just arent as modern and have the advancements that the e7s and Gt40 heads had at the time they came out. although there is alot of conflicting opinions on it IMO the GT40P heads are the best production head as far as flow capability.

Comment

somewhat better than the E7, but not as good as a gt40p stock for stock. No hardened valve seats so they're not really compatible with unleaded fuel, and I do believe those used the crappy rail type rockers. To make those into something really usable, you'd spend a fair bit. They probably need to be rebuilt again if they've been sitting a long time. I have a set of 1970 351w heads sitting around somewhere that I ended up not using for exactly the same reasons. I ought to get them back and sell the things. I'll never use them.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X