Siezed Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siezed Engine

I went to go pull my car into the shop today and my engine Seized. I found out that there was a big puddle of oil underneath the oil pan. I inspected the pan and found a rust hole on the side. so all my oil was gone. The good news is i still have the 302 that was originally from the car to put in as it runs fine and is in better condition. Still have the acceleration hesitation but i think my CFI system is bad. I going to see if i can find one in the junkyard. Do you think there is any way to unseize this motor or is it completely ruined. Only cost me $75 if it too much work and better off buying another 351 PI(Police Interceptor).

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

There are several ways to get it unseized, but it's gonna be so fucked up regardless that it's probably worth it to just replace/rebuild the motor. Most methods usually require you to at least remove the intake, but ideally the head. It's also a question of how badly it seized.

Comment

Yeah.... I have removed the spark plugs, put some tranny fluid in the cylinders and let it sit for a while and turn the key.... You can put a breaking bar on the harmonic balancer and try and do it that way... But if it's that tight you will most likely break something when you do get it freeed up.

I had an Oldsmobile one time with the lil 4 Teck 4 cylinder in it. The lady ran it with out oil. I put tranny fluid in the cylinders and finally got it to where it spinning over good... Of course all the tranny fluid was not all out of the cylinders and it did smoke from where it was burning off the fluid... But it burned it all out to where it ran good. I drove the car for a while with out any problems. Ended up selling it.

Comment

well i tried to rotate the flywheel with a breaker bar but it didn't budge. The motors done. so i put the Original 302 Windsor in there today that motor runs strong( Has 125,000 Original miles on it. Very reliable if only the CFI EEC III System didn't suck balls<---Despise.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Ditch the CFI for multiport injection. Much better system, more power, and its far from impossible to do. If you can swap the motor in an hour, you'll be fine with the EFI stuff.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

that sucks mang
            you should be able to find used cfi parts at harrys or ez pull

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

harrys u pull and d's u pull it two best junkyards in PA but i think i may stop by your shop sometime to see if you can diagnose my CFI system which i kept and put back on the original 302 where it came from. i still have that hesitation and seems to be getting worse.

Comment

D's? where is that?
                stop by anytime, just send me a pm make sure i'm here

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                  D's? where is that?
                  stop by anytime, just send me a pm make sure i'm here
                  D's u pull it is the neatest junkyard i have ever been too and iv'e been to alot. it's in dunmore.

heres there website. You may even find some old stuff too. I found a 1965 and a 1966 Ford Thunderbird there, a 1950 Rolls Royce and other old stuff. most of the the stuff is 80-present.

D's U Pull It is Pennsylvania's number one U Pull It used auto parts center. Serving Wilkes Barre, Scranton, Hazleton, Pocono Mountain. We carry used heavy duty truck parts,

Where is your shop located in.

Comment

i'm 3 miles off of the hegins exit (112) of interstate 81 near tremont........thanks for the link, i'll have to check that out

dunno if you have ever been to ez pull, but they are the cheapest in pa......they also have a fenced in area that have cars with good engines and transmissions that you can hear run.......price is around 200 for an engine, they pull it for you

Comment

i'm 3 miles off of the hegins exit (112) of interstate 81 near tremont........thanks for the link, i'll have to check that out

dunno if you have ever been to ez pull, but they are the cheapest in pa......they also have a fenced in area that have cars with good engines and transmissions that you can hear run.......price is around 200 for an engine, they pull it for you

Comment

i saw where it's located quite far from me.

Comment

Thats terrible, Are you going to look for another 351?
                          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

The stock 351 is not really anything special. 180 hp. Of course, compared to the 83 eec 3 302 at 135 hp, it probably feels ballsy. Compared to the 160 hp dual exhaust multiport 302, its probably a lot less of a difference. I'd really like to drive a stock 351 car compared to my HOish car just to see which has more grunt to it.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Stock 351 with 2.73s: 0-60 in about 13 seconds.
                              Stock 351 with 3.55s: 0-60 in about 11 seconds.

Definitely nothing to brag about.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                              X