Harmonic Balancer Imbalance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmonic Balancer Imbalance

I'm getting a new balancer for the explorer engine, and the parts guy asked me if I had a 20 ounce or a 50 ounce imbalance, rather than take a risk and buy the wrong part, I thought I'd ask you guys, what balancer do I have?

he meant 28.2 or 50

you need 50oz.

is it bad? is yours bad?

Comment

i replace them when i see cracks in the rubber.....cheap crankshaft protection lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

all 302s after 1982 I think are 50 oz.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

1979 last year for 28oz

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
            he meant 28.2 or 50

you need 50oz.

is it bad? is yours bad?
            I don't want to take any chances with the new motor. That's all.

Comment

what happened to "budget"?

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
                what happened to "budget"?
                "Budget" plus chance of broken cam =
                I'm not going to take a chance on this mang. I can get them for cheap enough anyway.

Comment

I havent been a dick, you can take a horse to water but you cant make it drink

what you are trying to say is that you are paranoid about your crank, spending money in areas where you dont need to, going completely against "budget" making stubborn decisions instead is wise decisions

Comment

Originally posted by 4door View Post
                    1979 last year for 28oz
                    81-82
                    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                    sigpic

Comment

you can kill my rep to zero, or negative if it will go there, but that doesnt change anything?

you're awefully thin skinned, why the hell are your panties all in a bunch?

Comment

You typically have good things to say, although your posts could be construed as abrasive at times.

Happens to me all the time...

I think it has to do with the fact that I am on the 'dark side' now. Most people know I just like to bust balls, though...
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

quit with the pissing match in the tech threads. I don't care who said what, all of you are more than 5 years old and ought to know better.

And for what its worth, a new balancer on a new motor is smart money.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yes smart money......i've had one come apart on one of my cars, and ended up needing to be towed home.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

x15 on replacing the balancer.

you can buy a stock replacement "kit" from FRPP, it includes a New OEM balancer and new timing pointer.

FRPP part # M-6316-M50, last I checked it was priced at $59.95
                              2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                              89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                              88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
                              X