No announcement yet.

Engine (carb?) trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting. so the drilling is a standard fix done to VV carbs to help the diaghram blowout problem?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
      interesting. so the drilling is a standard fix done to VV carbs to help the diaghram blowout problem?
      I heard of it being a TSB but I'm not to sure. My teacher mentioned it to me as part of the rebuilding process for the VV. They would drill a hole in the case to relieve the pressure so that blow out wouldn't happen again. Chances are the diaphragm is blown out and will need a new one anyway.

Comment

Bad gas ftl.

Comment

So the car is running again?
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

From what Phil told me yeah. He's gotta get another tv bushing since his was half missing before we took the carb off, then broke in half again after we took it off lol.

Comment

Figures you'd beat me to it John haha....Yup back up and running...needs a good highway run for sure, but i'm glad she's back in action
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

That happened to me recently too. It's a good thing they don't run pump gas in piston planes, or we'd all be dead by now with the quality control they have.
                Originally posted by gadget73
                There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Working...
                X