where to hook up fuel pressure gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to hook up fuel pressure gauge?

my 91 merc has the black screw it cap over what looks like a bleeder valve on the front passenger corner of the fuel rail, similar to a car tire's valve stem...can i find a fuel pressure gauge and screw it into thier? This would just be a temporary thing so i can make sure the pump can handle the demand of the new buildup, and i will have the hood off still so i could watch it while i drive.

thanks, andy
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Yes. Hook it up where you said.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

sweet, thanks boys.
        Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
        HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

what's the proper test when you have the pressure gauge hooked up?
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I think you can remove the shrader valve, and thread on the line fitting. I believe its 1/8" NPT, but don't hold me to that.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
              my 91 merc has the black screw it cap over what looks like a bleeder valve on the front passenger corner of the fuel rail, similar to a car tire's valve stem...can i find a fuel pressure gauge and screw it into thier? This would just be a temporary thing so i can make sure the pump can handle the demand of the new buildup, and i will have the hood off still so i could watch it while i drive.

thanks, andy
              Using the pressure test port for testing pressure!
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                what's the proper test when you have the pressure gauge hooked up?
                You want to look for certain pressures at different times. With the engine running with the fuel pressure regulator hooked up 30-35psi, with it disconnected 40-45psi. The fuel pressure leak down test (how long it takes for the fuel pressure to drop). Injector test (a comparison of fuel pressure dropped between all of the fuel injectors). If you have a fuel pressure gauge that also has a flow meter, you can check for fuel flow and pressure at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                X