Electric fans...who's done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric fans...who's done it?

I'm thinking if I'm going to have most of the engine bay taken apart, I might as well throw some electric fans in there. Who has done this so far? What kind of fans did you use? I'm going to try to find some used ones at the junky ard. I guess I'll have to some how come up with a custom mount for this? I know Dakota Digital makes a unit to turn the fans on and off automatically, who else does? I dont want to have to turn them on and off all the time, I did this in my Camaro, it's annoying as hell. Any help would be appreciated. :rock:

i might be picking up a SN-95 fan and shroud for my 85 this weekend
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I have an electric fan in my Vic. It's a late 90s TC fan motor, in some random shroud, and with the fan that went with the shroud. The temp sensor for the relay is on my heater core lines.

I have pics one some post here somewhere, I'll find it.

Comment

Well here is the link to my CarDomain site, scroll down and you'll see some pics of the fan and the pullys. I don't think it will help you too much as the parts are frankenstieny. But it shows that it's not too hard, and that the benifts in work space are enormous!!!

Comment

I am running a 3.8L Lincoln Continental electric fan on my stang with a 130 amp alternator. I attached it to the radiator with those push through pins sold by the trans cooler companies.

Tom

Comment

I was just about to say, that the local stang guys use 3.8 taurus/continental fans on the low setting and have no problems with overheating in any kind of driving. I think it pulls less than 30 amps when running. You might be able to get by for a little while on the stock alternator, but a 3g swap would help alot.

I came out of a yard in PA during Scottfest with a full towncar rear seat, and two 3.8l fans for ~$47

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I had some cheapo pep boys one, prolly a hayden. 14" universal one. worked great. I didn't have A/C though. There are thermostatic controlled realy kits, or you could get a ford fan switch and wire it to a relay that turns the fan on.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Pics of mine.

Comment

Working...
                X