Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these headers work?

See pics below.
    I have a 1990 TownCar with 302. I want to put GT40P engine in it. I know my stockers will work and the shorty ones will too but will these equal length work?
    They say they fit '87 - '93 Fox Body Mustang
    They are BBK 1-5/8" Stainless steel

Last edited by Neal 97 250; 09-07-2010, 03:29 PM.

Equal lengths are usually a no-no, but you never know until you try. Try a little measuring with close attention to the HVAC box on the firewall.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

very doubtful. The ones that are compatible with P heads specifically say they are compatible. The only ones I know of offhand are the Ford Racing headers. You could call BBK with that part number and confirm but I'm thinking its a no.

Also, equal length headers are a b*tch to change plugs with.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

true spark plugs suck with equal lengths. I had the hooker super comp shorties on one of my mustangs. It sucked so bad lol.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

OK thanks guys. I didn't think it would be the way I should go but I found them for $80. Sounded like a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
            OK thanks guys. I didn't think it would be the way I should go but I found them for $80. Sounded like a good deal.
            The price is right, but the fitment with the HVAC plenum as mentioned is severely suspect. Regular BBK shorties are already close enough. Having P heads is a definite deal breaker. Do you already have the heads? If not, it might be worth the price if you decide on other heads.

Comment

if you ever try to change your plugs with those headers you will want to hang yourself before you get done!!!!! I bought a mustang with them on it and when i went to change the plugs i took them of and junked them!!!!!!!!
              '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
              "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
              "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
              "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
              "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

I already see problems with the #3, #4, #6, and #7 cylinders.

Comment

Probably why they are soo cheap.
                  It looks like a real PITA to change plugs.

I guess it will be shorties when the time comes.

torquelover, No I do not have the heads yet but I am eyeballing a 2000 Exploder engine right now.

Comment

Lincoln Logs will work with the GT40P heads. Luckily you have them stock on the Town Car.

Comment

Working...
                    X