Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injector Flow Rate for LOPO 5.0

First post!

Man I wish I knew about this forum when it was my daily driver! Anyways I have a question for you guys: What is the flow rate for the stock injectors on the '89 5.0? I need a set of 16lb injectors for my cadillac as an alternative to the uber expensive oem replacements. I know the 225hp stang injectors are 19lb but I cant imagine the 150hp using the same ones... Any ideas?

This is the sled I want to pull them from:

Yep its a hoopty but its been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and still runs strong at 257,000 miles. Ive owned it for over 8 years and over that long time it has needed less maintenance parts than the cadillac that Ive owned for just 2 years with only 75k miles....

I'm hoping its got some 16 - 18lb injectors in it as I have 4 sets of various 19lb units that I will replace them with. I dont care if the Merc runs rich since I hardly drive it anymore. My daily driving maintenance queen only gets 15mpg on 19 injectors and its killing my wallet!

Stock lopo injectors are 14lb.
    '97 Cadillac Catera - 3.0 DOHC V6, 75k
    Soon... Any '95+ Panther!
    CLICK ME! Parts For Sale, SUPER CHEAP!!!

Comment

14lb

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Damn... Thats too lean. What about the cougar/T-bird? The engine is a transplant as the previous owner didnt think the red 'Engine' light was very important.... So I dont know what it came out of. I'll post the part # of the injectors tomorrow. Thanks guys

Comment

14's on the sefi lopos across the board

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

If they have grey tops? I believe it late and I'm sleepy so someone correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway grey tops = 14lbs, orange tops = 19lbs

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by Sevillian273 View Post
              First post!

Man I wish I knew about this forum when it was my daily driver! Anyways I have a question for you guys: What is the flow rate for the stock injectors on the '89 5.0? I need a set of 16lb injectors for my cadillac as an alternative to the uber expensive oem replacements. I know the 225hp stang injectors are 19lb but I cant imagine the 150hp using the same ones... Any ideas?

This is the sled I want to pull them from:

Yep its a hoopty but its been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and still runs strong at 257,000 miles. Ive owned it for over 8 years and over that long time it has needed less maintenance parts than the cadillac that Ive owned for just 2 years with only 75k miles....

I'm hoping its got some 16 - 18lb injectors in it as I have 4 sets of various 19lb units that I will replace them with. I dont care if the Merc runs rich since I hardly drive it anymore. My daily driving maintenance queen only gets 15mpg on 19 injectors and its killing my wallet!
              It's funny that the thing you wanna pull apart runs better than the thing you're gonna fix. I'd pull the merc outta retirement and sell that caddy before it eats you out of house and home so to speak.

Comment

It runs strong but the insides are gutted save for the front bench and the tranny is about shot. It slips in 3rd and OD is like getting rear ended. It does have a better ride though... I love the solid body-on-frame feel.

Comment

any more information on the headlights?
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

A ghetto spray job on the lenses. I wanted to see what it would look like and intended to remove it with laquer thinner later on but never got around to it. The bezels and trim are blacked out with rustoleum satin. Its all in bad shape now as I only maintain the mechanicals on the car anymore. The grille was also blacked out but was stolen out of my driveway overnight.... When the trans started to go I got a little experimental with some rattle cans.
                    Last edited by Sevillian273; 09-11-2010, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I really like the look of the car.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks! Heres the rest of it: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2961965 The page is over 2 years old. The paint is Duplicolor light blue (walmart rattle can). I did it just for shits and giggles. I never knew how much I could have done with the car until I found this forum. I never learned much about it since it hardly gave me any trouble! I would definitely pick up another marq/vic if I needed another vehicle.

Comment

Fix that one! Trannies aren't hard to come by. Hell I met a preop one just the other day.
                          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

I actually have a trans for it but I dont know what condition it's in. All of the interior is gone besides the dash and the front bench, the paint is awful and faded, and the motor has 180,000 miles. It has the lopo knock and it smokes a bit. I'd rather start with something in better shape than put more money into this one. :-( It does run pretty strong though.
                            Last edited by Sevillian273; 09-13-2010, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Well if it's stripped make it a racer!

Lol, I understand wanting to start with something in a little better condition.
                              Cheers.
                              There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                              91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                              93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                              Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                              Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                              95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Working...
                              X