help for a domb a$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help for a domb a$$

trying to install a set of gauges and can not locate the oil pressure sending unit and don't know witch temp sender I should use??:confused:
    thanks for any help!!!!
    '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
    "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
    "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
    "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
    "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

it is on the side of the timing cover, right next to the oil filter

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

For electrical oil pressure gauge you need an adapter that allows you to install the cowbell sender further from the block. Like LincolnMania said it is right next to your oil filter. Sorta crappy spot to work in.

For mechanical oil pressure gauge you use the same spot. May have to install just a line adapter then the actual connections for the gauge. Again...same shitty area to work in.

For water temp...look at the fromt right corner of your intake manifold. That is where you will install the capillary tube (if mechanical) or sender (if electric).
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

shit if you need help I'll be glad to come over

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I'm going to try to hook it up tomorrow and i'll let you know what I come up with and thanks for the offer gabegt

Comment

many times the lines given for the stuff isnt long enough to hide somewhat and place where you want in the car
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

if its mechanical, do yourself a favor and securely route that line away from anything hot. Ideally you want copper line on the engine and behind the dash with something flexible in between to allow for engine movement. If the plastic line touches the exhaust it will dump a lot of oil out of the motor in a hurry, making one big ass mess in the process.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thanks for all the advice guys!!The oil gauge come with plastic line but I was going to use copper anyway because I don't trust that shit they give you! The temp gauge is another story, I have to find the right size adapter to fit the intake, the one on the capillary is to small and the other one is to big so I need to figure out the right size!!!

Comment

Working...
                X