X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lincoln mark vii computer?

Hi!

I'm doing the HO conversion.
    I know a few big things are different: the timing sequence is different, fuel injection is sefi instead of ported/batch fuel injection, and I think the HO cars used a mass airflow sensor (did all of them?).

Someone had advised pulling a mark vii computer, or a list of mustang computers.
    Went to the junkyard again today, saw no v8 mustangs of the right years (or at all), but did find a mark vii, so I took 30 minutes, pulled it, paid my $25. It did have the HO 302 in it.

Does anyone know if this lincoln computer is going to be essentially the same as any 89-93 mustang computer? And, does it take/accomodate a MAF?

thanks!
    -Bernard

87-88 Mustangs used SD, no MAF 'till '89. Mark VII's are SD as well and plug and play into the lopo harness. What year is your car? Only the later boxes really need the Mark VII's ECU's as the earlier boxes had standalone cruise control. I wanna say 89-91 being the later.
    1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

'90

Comment

a table with all EEC-IV computer codes

howcome you want to go MAF?
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

the mark 7 ecm has shown itself to not always run right with gt40p heads. A couple people have tried it, and found that it ran lean and pinged, popped, and generally didn't run worth a damn. Some people have had it work just fine. I honestly wish I could explain why this is so. My car with ported E7 heads ran lean and pinged while Scott's car with basically the same setup runs like a watch. I put mass air on my car and the problem went away, and 86vicky did the same on his car to make the problem go away. I think jacking the fuel pressure up with an SD computer may have done it too, but my AFPR shit itself and I replaced it with a stock style regulator.
          Last edited by gadget73; 02-28-2011, 09:01 PM.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have not read this thread in detail. Recently I gutted a 1990 Mark VII and the ECM was one of the things removed. Let me check if I might need it, otherwise you can have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringting View Post
              I have not read this thread in detail. Recently I gutted a 1990 Mark VII and the ECM was one of the things removed. Let me check if I might need it, otherwise you can have it.
              I need one
              sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Would everything in an article about doing the MAF swap in a Mustang apply to our boats as well?
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Yes, but if you want to retain cruise control, there is a modified set of directions that allow that to happen by running 2 ECMs.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sounds like trouble. Cruise is great but I could live without it.

EDIT: Wait, no I couldn't. Not a fucking chance.
                    sigpic

Comment

Gadget, Should I keep it or ship it? No plans of changing my vehicle.

I have a window trim/chrome to get rid of also
                      Thanks,
                      Ringting

Comment

This is a must-see site for fans of American luxury hot rods. Message forums, tech advice, news, and automotive performance links are offered for Lincoln Mark VIII and Mark VII, Lincoln LS, Town Car, Continental, Navigator, Aviator, Zephyr, MKR, MKS, MKZ and more.

cruise control directions can be ignored for 87 and older models. They have a stand-alone cruise control unit. I've never tried the cruise control stuff since I own an 86.

Craig: if someone else needs it, feel free to sell it to them. I'm not in need of one currently, though I appreciate the offer.

Comment

Gadget,
                          I am not selling stuff, money is not a big motivator. Do you want the chrome, and other definitely Mark VII stuff?

Bernard,
                          you have first dibs if the one purchased fails.

Hypostang,
                          Wait to see what Bernard says.

Thanks,
                          Ringting

Comment

thanks Ringting
                            I will be lurking around patiently, waiting to see
                            sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                              Sounds like trouble. Cruise is great but I could live without it.

EDIT: Wait, no I couldn't. Not a fucking chance.
                              My thoughts exactly.
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                              91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                              93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                              Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                              Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                              95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Working...
                              X