in what order would you do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in what order would you do this

I have a bunch of parts coming tomorrow hopefully and I have a garage borrowed for Saturday. -14 is too cold to do this in the driveway...and I don't wanna jack the car up on ice/snow/wet soil

stuff to be replaced:

o2 sensors (originals on car)
    valve cover gaskets (gotta pull the intake for that)
    ignition components (everything except wires will be replaced)

need to:
    change the oil
    clean up the oil from the leaking valve cover gasket (cork sucks)

how do i clean the blackness off of the exhaust manifold? the oil has been leaking there and burning/stinking.

While I have access to the garage, I'd like to keep my time in there to a minimum. I want to make an attempt at being efficient. In what order would you do this?
    Last edited by 1990LTD; 03-04-2011, 12:00 AM.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

how to clean the oil off the manifolds... engine degreaser. but really... just let it burn off... once you stop the leak... the remaining oil will burn off pretty quick.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Pull the intake first. Do everything else. Put the intake back. x2 on just letting the shit burn off.
      Originally posted by gadget73
      There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
      91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
      93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
      Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
      Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
      95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Working...
      X