Check It Out!!!
    Lincoln Towncar 1984
    www.youtube.com/loudtowncar

Originally posted by vitals_fading View Post
    Check my video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37djfhF_MSk

I don't wanna lose her now what should we look at first

thanks
    Matt
    could be any number of things, one guess is your not getting spark i would check you cap and rotor, tfi module which is located on the distro, check for burnt plug wires. also could be a bad distributor as well. also check fuel filter too if thats all clogged up it wont feed enough fuel
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Check the TFI module, probably fucked. If not that, try fuel filter.

Comment

If your car wasn't running when you moved it back to where it sits right now, it probably pissed out power steering fluid then. These pumps do that for some reason.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

thank 1990LTD that worried me a bit. its right in the location where i turned the wheel i feel better about that!!! Also i can hear the fuel pump turn on so ill be checking for spark tommorow!!! i got my dads nissan and dam i miss my stereo and all the leg and head room!!! where is the TFI and pictures i could use as refrence?
          Check It Out!!!
          Lincoln Towncar 1984

Comment

TFI is normally located right on the distributor. Rectangular looking thing.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

does it not have spark, or does it not have fuel? Pull a plug wire off and see if you can get an arc at least 1/2" long. Stick a screwdriver in the end of the wire and position the shaft of the screwdriver 1/2" from something metal. Have someone crank the motor. If it doesn't spark, its ignition. If it sparks, put the wire back on and shoot some starting fluid in the throttle body. If it runs, its fuel. If it doesn't, then you have deeper problems that I can likely guess at but start at the basics for now.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thank 1990LTD that worried me a bit. its right in the location where i turned the wheel i feel better about that!!! Also i can hear the fuel pump turn on so ill be checking for spark tommorow!!! i got my dads nissan and dam i miss my stereo and all the leg and head room!!! where is the TFI and pictures i could use as refrence?

It will also piss fluid out of the cap (even if it's on properly) when you turn it lock-to-lock (all the way to each side until it makes that noise)

I have absolutely no idea why it does this, but it does this. I keep a bottle of type F in my trunk.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

tomorrow i will do the spark test!!!! how much does a distributor cost i mean i guess i'll need a new one if i have no spark! one more question i hear what i believe to be the fuel pump turning on does this mean that its working? i could smell fuel when i was violently trying to start it...
                  Check It Out!!!
                  Lincoln Towncar 1984

Comment

tomorrow i will do the spark test!!!! how much does a distributor cost i mean i guess i'll need a new one if i have no spark! one more question i hear what i believe to be the fuel pump turning on does this mean that its working? i could smell fuel when i was violently trying to start it...
                    distributor shot is a good excuse to upgrade if you have the moneyhttp://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/...ek+Google+Base

Comment

and why would i wanna upgrade the dizzy? hypothetically speaking, of course.
                      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                      1994 MGM GS Montigua
                      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                        and why would i wanna upgrade the dizzy? hypothetically speaking, of course.
                        why not? lol but thats just me when i replace parts, i usully upgrade if i can

Comment

i second that question!!! i just want my tc to run as long as it can untill something is too expensive to fix!!!
                          Check It Out!!!
                          Lincoln Towncar 1984

Comment

whats better about it vs stock i mean

what are you uprading?
                            1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                            1994 MGM GS Montigua
                            2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                              whats better about it vs stock i mean

what are you uprading?
                              so ive done plugs, cap,rotor,headers,exhuast that sort of thing, for now, but im doing a HO swap here shortly , dont you know it has a and aftermarket dizzy on it so ill let you know what it does. course you can get a new dizzy for cheaper and it will work just fine, but if your into modding ,and im a modding nut! your mods only stays stock until you can replace it with somethign better
                              if soemone wants a better peice i can reccomend something but for intents and purposes stock stuff works fairly well.

Comment

Working...
                              X