Everyone Should Look At This Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vitals_fading View Post
    i second that question!!! i just want my tc to run as long as it can untill something is too expensive to fix!!!
    nothing on a tc is too expensive to fix unless frame is shot or soemthing of that nature. least here its not lol. hope you get her running soon mang!
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

My '79 TC had starting issues in cold/damp weather last year. After replacing the cap and rotor, there were no more issues. That being said, all the other tune-up related items have been replaced within the past two years, which certainly helps!
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

thanks everyone!!!! looks like i don't have any help today ill let you know as soon as i get another helping hand and we test the old girl out!!! i wanna move my subwoofers to the nissan i miss my bass!!!
        Check It Out!!!
        Lincoln Towncar 1984
        www.youtube.com/loudtowncar

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
          distributor shot is a good excuse to upgrade if you have the moneyhttp://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/...ek+Google+Base
          That is a waste of money in my own opinion. I don't see how that could work any better than a stock TFI distributor. It has a TFI module, and a pick up. I bet the only upgrade it has is a brass cap and rotor. Which you can get at autozone for cheap. That really won't do anything for better spark, in fact it would be the same. You're paying for a name. You want upgrades, do a coil...

Comment

yea i agree, waste of money

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

holy shit! $174 for a distributor? I could new pistons for that money!

Comment

No need to upgrade to a dist. like that unless you plan to do alot of racing. A reman. distributor will be fine. An MSD box to control your current distributor would be a better investment.

But, an MSD distributor is manufactured to closer tolerances. You have a billet shaft, a better alloy driven shaft, etc. That translates to more accurate spark. However, OEM stuff, and even a properly remanufactured distributor is perfectly fine for even a pretty hot build.

I was going to use an MSD dist. in my car, but decided the $240 (steel gear, no vac advance) was too much, for too little. Plus it would ruin my plans to keep the engine looking pretty stock. But when I build an engine for this car, its definitely going to get an MSD dist.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

no need for aftermarket distributors or coils. I did/do lots of racing and use a stock dist and coil.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

crankshaft position sensor

Read 1987 Ford Crown Victoria reviews from real owners. Find out what they're like to drive, and what problems they have. Page 2 of 3.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

yeah about that our cars dont havem lol
                      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

The only crankshaft position sensor I know of is in the distributor, but it's not called that. PIP and it's a signal from the TFI module to the computer. If it doesn't see this, there's no fuel delivery. Now this could be caused by a dead TFI module, a dead pickup, or both.

Comment

CFI has one though, doesn't it? I thought one of the oddball engines (CFI or 5.8) had a CKP. Or am I just crazy?
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Originally posted by 91waggin View Post
                            CFI has one though, doesn't it? I thought one of the oddball engines (CFI or 5.8) had a CKP. Or am I just crazy?
                            Yes EEC-III CFI cars have a CKP sensor. It's located on the timing pointer. But that's not the case here.

Comment

Gotcha. I knew I'd read about it somewhere.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                              91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                              93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                              Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                              Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                              95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Working...
                              X