No announcement yet.

This thing buzzes like a mad bastard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boxes have air shocks, so even if the thing completely dies the car won't drag on the ground like the round models do. Its a cool feature though, throw a bunch of stuff in the trunk, compressor comes on, and you're right back to normal ride height.

if the rubber mount bushings are falling apart, it will make more noise. I think arnott or americanairsuspension sells new rubber mount bushings, or if you're clever you can probably come up with something from a decently stocked hardware store. I've made stuff like that before out of a couple different size wire grommets stacked together.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

New air shocks were like $80 from Napa for my parents' van, can't imagine them being any different for a boat.
      1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

if you use aftermarket air shocks, you have to use a special adapter to interface the different line sizes. Its like 15 bucks or something, no big deal. I got it from the parts store, its in their parts listing somewhere.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X