Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sploer5.0
    i wish i could fine one for my sploder
    Heck, I bought a complete new one for 1500!
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

SWEET!!!

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
      5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Scott, could you verify that stock mustang shorties wont work with those heads if they are gt40p. I read that they would interfere with the plugs and if so I'll have to pony up for new headers. Thanks
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

IIRC the BBK's work with the P's they are cheap.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Current production FRPP stainless shorties fit awesome. You can get a socket on most of the bolts. Screw cheap when it comes to P headers. FRPP headers list for around $239 in Summit but you should be able to find them cheaper on the web.

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
              Scott, could you verify that stock mustang shorties wont work with those heads if they are gt40p. I read that they would interfere with the plugs and if so I'll have to pony up for new headers. Thanks
              i fit a stock shorty header on the one side of the engine......those would work.......larger tube aftermarket headers might be a problem.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

#1, 2, 5, 6 are the worst plugs for interference with different headers. Stick headers on both sides before you bless them as fitting. Factory HO headers definitely do not work with P heads. The plugs are angled out on P heads so the wires end up touching the tubes assuming you even have enough room to remove and install a plug with the headers on.

Comment

Now I am curius. Could you snap some photos of the HO headers on the P heads with spark plugs and possibly wires? Thanks.

Comment

Can you confirm if the stock HO headers work with GT40p heads?

Comment

I will try to get some pics this weekend if he doesn't beat me to it.

Comment

im starting to think i would have been better off starting with an explorer engine instead of paying to have my stang one rebuilt.

Comment

I feel the same, way after I look at all the money I spent to make a HO from my stock engine it would have been more worthwhile to find an explorer engine with even better heads and intake.
                          -Matt
                          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Working...
                          X