No announcement yet.

another 351 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There exists a special grommet to cover that hole. You could try begging for one at the local Ford dealer ... Heretic had one he was going to send me, but I don't think he ever got around to it. I was at a loss with the white wagon, so I made a little screw clamp to hold a piece of wood over the hole. Actually, if you're careful about it, it shouldn't be too hard to make a little filler panel out of any material and RTV it inside the hole.

HEI isn't a perfect solution, in part since it's allegedly RPM-limited, but it's both stupidly easy and nice-and-cheap, even if you get the expensive name-brand stuff instead of the $60 Fleabay Special like I did.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

plug the hole, or you'll have a hell of a draft. Or just leave the ECM there to plug the hole.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        plug the hole, or you'll have a hell of a draft.
        Hey, it's just the thing if you don't want the bother of air conditioning!

Might not be the best-smelling draft, though.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I just used a piece of sheetmetal and painted it black to cover the hole.
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            Hey, it's just the thing if you don't want the bother of air conditioning!

Might not be the best-smelling draft, though.
            Hell yeah, hook it to some dryer vent and point it at your balls. Bam! Instant ball A/C, something the Crown Vic is lacking anyway.
            1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

So, for an update on the 351. I have the oil pan from ford racing with all new goodies including the oil pump and pickup shaft. I have also installed a new double roller timing chain, and set it to factory timing. Now, I got the new flexplate and harmonic balancer like I was told, but the new balancer's shaft is a little longer than the stock. And because of that, I can not get the balancer flush with the crank snout so far. Do I still need to continue pushing in it, or is it okay to be set out a little? Beyond that, everything has gone smoothly so far, intake and carb are on the way.

Blane
              85' Crown Vic 2dr. Small tire stock block grudge car.
              09’ CTS-V family car making over 700whp with ease.
              79’ f350 427 ls7 swapped with th400. Prerunner setup
              64’ c30 dually. Slammed and turbo 5.3 with 4l80e

Comment

Working...
              X