Lokar throttle cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lokar throttle cable

I am not sure if this goes here or not, but I have purschased Lokars tv cable, throttle cable, and bracket. I have a 4180 600cfm carb from 85 van. The kickdown is on the wrong side, does anybody know where I can mount it? Also, I got a 24" cable for throttle; I have it hooked to the pedal and carb, but can't keep the braided steel casing from moving. Therefore it doesn't work, because the whole thing moves through the firewall. The old bracket won't fit the new cable, anybody have an idea of what to do? Thanks for any info.

-blane
    85' Crown Vic 2dr. Small tire stock block grudge car.
    09’ CTS-V family car making over 700whp with ease.
    79’ f350 427 ls7 swapped with th400. Prerunner setup
    64’ c30 dually. Slammed and turbo 5.3 with 4l80e

Originally posted by 85ltd View Post
    The kickdown is on the wrong side, does anybody know where I can mount it?
    Use a throttle body as a template and drill a hole at the bottom of the throttle linkage plate on the carb if there is not already one there. Can you post a pic of your carb throttle linkage?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0596.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1268472Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0597.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1268473Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0598.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1268474Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0599.jpg
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1268475

theres pics. hope that helps.

-blane

Comment

theres pics. hope that helps.
        I see a hole in the lower part of your throttle linkage plate for a stud. Take a measurement and that may work.

Comment

if that dont work, drill a hole on that flat tab above the throttle linkage ball. make the hole big enough for the cable. that would be a good temp set up me thinks.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            if that dont work, drill a hole on that flat tab above the throttle linkage ball. make the hole big enough for the cable. that would be a good temp set up me thinks.
            That setup will not work. You can not use anything on the top half. It has to be below the centerline of the throttle shaft so that it pulls the cable.

Comment

I have it hooked to the pedal and carb, but can't keep the braided steel casing from moving. Therefore it doesn't work, because the whole thing moves through the firewall. The old bracket won't fit the new cable, anybody have an idea of what to do?
              You need to fab something with a clamp at the firewall for your throttle cable. Back to the TV, did you swap in a TV lever at the transmission from a '86 or newer? You can not use the '85 style lever with a cable because it is made to be pushed and not pulled.

Comment

Okay, I think I have the bracket made for the throttle cable. And no, I had no idea I had to change the lever. Is that just the part directly at the transmission? I have the cable going down and towards back of transmission then looping back towards the engine. Will I need the linkage from the '86-newer too?

-Blane

Comment

If you would have purchased the correct TV cable, it would have come with the lever....

I used factory Ford EFI TV and throttle cables for my Holley.

Comment

That is the exact cable I purchased from Lokar. It looks just like that picture. Is that the lever y'all are talking about? If so, then I already have it. Part Number 625-KD-2AODHT through Jegs.

-Blane

Comment

Fuck the lokar cables... that is all. The only way I got the TV cable from returning all the way was by moving that spring to the outside. I second the fab up of the EFI cables.

Comment

I'm using the ford rod and a mustang cable on mine. Just made some brackets to adapt them. Works awesome.
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS
                        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Working...
                        X