cylinder bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cylinder bolt?

on my 302 block that going into my gm we assembled the the long block with every thing torqued to spec and is in the car just not running. my question is on the 302s are you supposed to use thread sealent on the head bolts as my dad told me that they might be incontact with water ports in the block. if so what should we do as everything is assembled with new head gakets. can we do just one bolt at a time( pull one out put sealant on then torque to spec one at a time). could this mess the head gasket up? i did use just regular red lock tight on the bolts during assembly. will that do?
    1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
    1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

red loctite on the head bolts? should seal them , make them difficult to remove or retorq if needed
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I use Permatex #2, aviation sealant, or plain old teflon pipe dope for that, depending what I've got. Loctite will seal them but it'll be something of a bitch to get the bolts back out. If its already assembled with that, you should be fine.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X