Grinding Noise???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinding Noise???

Anyone ever have a grinding Noise come form the car at around 30-35mph upon acceleration and then it goes away.. Sounds kinda like a power saw.. I have no idea WTF it is, the car is running fine tho so I kinda just ignore it

are you able to narrow the noise down? like is iit comming from the front or back? it dont sound promising, if you say it only happens on accel.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

If you ignore it long enough, whatever part thats causing the noise will fall out on the ground, then you'll know what happened.

Ever check the U joints? When they get dry they make ugly noises.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Haha pretty much,, Ive had the drive shaft fall out awhile back because I kept putting off doing the U joints.. Yea its coming form the front under the car somewhere and yes the U joints are new

Comment

Oh yea Deff a Drive shaft issue FML! went for a cruise tonight and it started creaking and buzzing and squeaking then it went away and then it'd come back.. *Shakes Head

Comment

U-joints? again?lol. where do you get your parts mang? makes sure you get greasable ones this time.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

IDK I think its the drive shaft itself.. Because when it fell out the first time it got pretty banged up so I took it to my mechanic cus I couldn't do it and he hammered the fucker out and did all this shit to save it and put new u joints in but he forgot or didn't even realize to put a new tail shaft seal in my trans and thats been leaking so god knows what he fucked up I probly need a ned drive shaft cus it just plainly F'd

Comment

Working...
              X