1990 grand marquis smog pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slymer View Post
    put the belt tensioner back on the car... leave the smog pump off. Belt will go over the tensioner both ways (crank to A/C to tensioner).

The attached pic shows the belt position. you may have to take the rear bolt out of the tensioner all the way to get the belt over the pulley.

also, a K060565 belt would probably give enough slack to make it over the pulley without removing that bolt... but I've never seen one of those.

I put the shorter belt on and the ac pump is running but do I have to put that tensioner bolt back in or not. What is all the other stuff from the smog pump do I take off.

Comment

you need to put the bolt back in to keep the tensioner tight. the other bolt at the pivot point will NOT be able to hold it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        you need to put the bolt back in to keep the tensioner tight. the other bolt at the pivot point will NOT be able to hold it.
        How would I do that I cant ever move the tensioner up any to put the bolt in

Comment

half inch break over bar (strong ratchet) and 4 inch extension slotted into the square hole in the plate the tensioner pulley is mounted on to leverage it up some while you thread it in from behind. been there done that many times now on my cars. Pain in the ass, but that's how to do it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X