Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tps q

Seeing as how the tps is on the opposite side of the engine on a Stang,
    I wonder it there is any difference in the direction of rotation?
    At rock auto I see one listed for CV & Stang.
    One listed for CV & NOT Stang.
    Exp is a different PN entirely, (because of connector)

I believe I am running Mustang sensors on both Wagons. I think they are both running Exp t-bodies. IIRC one of them got chewed up as if it was being forced to turn.

The Stang sensor should be correct in this app shouldn't it?

Thanks

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Same part. The throttle rotates the same direction on both. If you look at it, the cable hooks to the opposite side of the lever, but on both engines its towards the driver's side of the car. Some of the Explorer throttle bodies have a slightly different tab on the top that doesn't quite mate up with the Mustang or Vic TPS though. I forget the specifics, maybe its narrower and breaks the ears off, something like that but it makes the TPS break. The fix for that is to use the Explorer TPS and graft on the plug.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Some of the Explorer throttle bodies have a slightly different tab on the top that doesn't quite mate up with the Mustang or Vic TPS though. I forget the specifics, maybe its narrower and breaks the ears off, something like that but it makes the TPS break. The fix for that is to use the Explorer TPS and graft on the plug.
      That must be what I was thinking of...

I suppose a good shrinktubed solder job would not change the resistance much & adjusting the tps voltage would overcome any variance.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

nope, wouldn't bother it a bit.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There are lots of variations on the TPS. I got my first one from auto parts and the connector was the same configuration but a different color. Mine was black, and the new one was gray. The gray one rotated clockwise, and the black one counter clockwise. Brought it back, and got another one. That one rotated the correct way but the connectors were slightly different and wouldn't fit unless I forced it or trimmed off a tab. Third time the connector fit, and the rotation was correct, but it wouldn't sit flat because it lacked a cutout to clear a tab on the throttle body. Brought it back again, and the fourth one had the correct connector, rotation, and fit properly. Wish I could tell you the brands, but I don't remember now.

Comment

Originally posted by meandad View Post
            There are lots of variations on the TPS. I got my first one from auto parts and the connector was the same configuration but a different color. Mine was black, and the new one was gray. The gray one rotated clockwise, and the black one counter clockwise. Brought it back, and got another one. That one rotated the correct way but the connectors were slightly different and wouldn't fit unless I forced it or trimmed off a tab. Third time the connector fit, and the rotation was correct, but it wouldn't sit flat because it lacked a cutout to clear a tab on the throttle body. Brought it back again, and the fourth one had the correct connector, rotation, and fit properly. Wish I could tell you the brands, but I don't remember now.
            Which is why, under these types of conditions, I buy OEM!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
            X