No announcement yet.

smog removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removal of smog pump and associated garbage is pretty easy... plugging all the holes (cats - easy, heads - not so much to make it clean) can be tricky. to pass emissions, drive around for 30+ minutes before hand to make sure the cats are good and warmed up and you should pass no problem.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah the cats...you just need to cut and crimp, I know that, but the heads, i am just worried that I don't do it the right way.
      "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
      -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        yes. 56" belt (K060560 for 6-rib setups). Run it with the belt on the top of the tensioner.
        Is this the same as the 351 would use for smog delete?
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
          Is this the same as the 351 would use for smog delete?
          I don't think so since the bracket is longer. Best bet, string and measure.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X