Fuel rail cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel rail cleaning?

I picked up a stock box fuel rail off an 87 Grand Marquis. I pulled all of the injectors out of it at the yard then purchased it. The fuel rail and cross over hoses are in good condition, just dirty. I would like to clean this up as much as possible before I install my 24# injectors onto it and bolt it onto my GT 40 lower intake.

Any products I should stay away from, or lean to for cleaning off the dirt on the fuel rails? Fuel rail is outside buried in the shed, but from memory I do not see any of the flashy chrome finish I have seen others having.

Thanks
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

its just steel with rubber lines. Probably any degreaser would be fine. Simple Green, 409, Spray Nine, etc. If its got the chrome, then some metal polish would work but if its not chromed I'd be real tempted to paint it so it doesn't get rusty.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I just used a Brillo pad when I cleaned mine up. Worked pretty good at removing oxidation and grease
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Working...
      X