Radiator fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator fitment

Will a whale rad fit a box and do the job on a modded 5.0? Theres a local scrapper i town with stupid low prices and he has a '99 Marq that im going to start stripping it for everything i can use. Also, will the instrument cluster fit? Im going to grab the front brakes and possibly the entire rearend.
    1992 SHO(what's left of it)
    1986 F-150(rust and option free)
    1950 Studebaker pickup(moves-kinda, stops-no)
    1987 T-bird(dead 3.wait, SHO swap in store)
    1991 CV $500 cream puffF

the cluster will NOT fit a box (and it's all electric - no cable) and would require modification to the dash.

as for the rad, I think it technically fits, but the mounts are in different locations, so it makes it a bugger to try to use. I could be mistaken on this though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

No. Different mounting and more importantly, no filler hole. They switched to the degas bottle at some point and it is used as your fill point.

Alex.
      Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't grab the entire rearend until I made sure it's got a gear worth the trouble. Chances are a 99 GM is going to have a 2:73 open in it and you can do better than that. All that work just for the disc brakes isn't worth it.

Comment

Also, the inlet and outlets are opposite if I'm not mistaken. I know we had to put a box radiator in the 92 Grand Marquis when the 302 went in. All of the aero stuff was on the wrong side vs the 302, including the trans cooler lines which had to be modified.

Rear won't bolt in anyway. 98+ had that watts link in the back and uses different mounting points for the axle assembly. Unless you were going to change over the whole mounting setup to accomodate it, its not worth the trouble. Pop the disc parts off and leave the rest with the car.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X