Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The IAC and me

Symptoms:
    After the engine warms up the car will stall when at a red light for to long, or almost as soon as you put it in reverse. It doesnt matter if its in gear or not, it will eventually die. (cuts out faster when in gear). When the engine is not warmed up it idles very high when in park/neutral.

you think a new IAC will do it? Its starting to become a pain in the ass.. expecially in heavy traffic and stopping and starting all the time.

When the engine is running, unplug the IAC. If it stays running, it's crap. Could be a TPS going out too.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

My old '89 TC had the same issues at stoplights. I replaced the TPS and IAC and solved the problem.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
      5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

How about doing some actual diagnosis, before you start randomly replacing sensors.

check the ECM for stored trouble codes is a start.
        While the IAC is the most likely culprit, a bad TPS or bad CTS would also cause the problems you describe, both would set codes during an engine running self test if they are faulty.
        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

roger, thanks for input guys

Comment

Working...
          X