spark plug gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spark plug gap

does anybody know what the correct gap for spark plug is? im kinda stranded here and couldnt find it here on the threads
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

plug gap

my chilton manual lists the spark plug gap for ford v-8 1979 to 1988 as .50
    or fifty thousandths.

Comment

its on the emissions label under the hood along with the proper spark plug type, ignition timing, and vacuum routing.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I've seen everything listed from .044 to .054 for the 302. so somewhere between 45 and 50 thousandths should get it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

.0048-.0052 Like mentioned above, check on the VECI sticker on your fan shroud. It should be mentioned there.

Comment

Working...
          X