• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Times

So my mechanic cut the accessory belt off of my engine because:

a) My AC system is shot.
    b) My air pump is disconnected.

The engine sounds a lot different now and it seems to almost vibrate weirdly.

Also, apparently I'm getting tons of dust in the engine. Can this be bad?

Planning to delete the AC system? The engine bay will have less clutter.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

anything but clean air and fuel in the engine is bad. but why would you be getting dust in if he cut the belt? or has this happened before? assuming you have an air filter.. is there even any other possible way for it to get in?
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
        anything but clean air and fuel in the engine is bad. but why would you be getting dust in if he cut the belt? or has this happened before? assuming you have an air filter.. is there even any other possible way for it to get in?
        I don't know what's going on anymore. They sent me to a performance parts store to buy a new housing system, only it turns out to be the precise same one only a different colour with a thicker gasket.

Then, they start bickering about sending me for parts when I don't know what the $%^&* to get in the first place, then they try to get it to work, they reroute some goddamn hose and now I'm good until Monday, whereupon I will presumably get a new air filter.

I might just go hang myself this weekend and save everyone some grief.

Comment

Take a picture and post it. Something has got to be mismatched if you are getting dirt on the engine side of the filter.

What did you end up buying anyway?

Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
            Take a picture and post it. Something has got to be mismatched if you are getting dirt on the engine side of the filter.

What did you end up buying anyway?

Alex.
            I agree, post pics, sounds like you're getting the runaround to me.

Comment

Working...
            X