No spec in shop manual:-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No spec in shop manual:-(

On my '86 5.0 EEC-4. What is the proper idle in park, and in drive, and what is the proper spec for base timing.....degrees BTDC?
    Can not find in shop manual from '86:-(

many thanks!

The idle is not adjustable. Target idle is I believe 680 rpm, but the ECM takes care of it. Do not mess with the screw on the throttle body. Its there only to keep the throttle blade from shutting fully and jamming. Messing with it can confuse things.

Timing is 10 BTDC with the SPOUT connector unplugged. THat should actually be on the emissions label, assuming its still readable.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I know where and what the spout connector looks like, but when you say unplugged...........there is just a plastic fill piece plugged into it now. What is usually plugged into it? Breakout box???

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
        I know where and what the spout connector looks like, but when you say unplugged...........there is just a plastic fill piece plugged into it now. What is usually plugged into it? Breakout box???
        Nope, just that plug
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

yep, just pull the plastic thing out and set the timing, then put the plug back in. It disables the electronic spark advance.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

it's a simple jumper. spark advance setting HAS to be done with it removed (as stated above).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You guys be the best..........btw, what is the Ford star test to clear codes???

Comment

disconnect the battery for about 20-30 seconds.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

start the code retrieval and shut the key off. Clears the codes without wiping out any learned fuel trim adjustments.

Comment

Working...
                  X