No announcement yet.

Failed Emissions...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the calibration code on your PCM under the hood. If you have a VV carb, it should be on the drivers side fender on the top like a police car. Mine is PB. I may have a spare that you could "try". Just thinking out loud b/c the stepper is "going rich". Could be O2's as was previously mentioned above. Also, the ignition module should be a three plug edition .....right?

Comment

Remind me not to move to Maryland. Geez, I think NC just does a safety inspection on all 1996 and back cars. If its not OBDII compliant you're home free. There could be a "visual" inspection of other "devices" but when did anyone see any leaded fuel for sale????? Think about it.

Comment

It is the three plug edition as you stated, the calibration code is DH, and has an 82 part #, it's a shame your so far away though
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Yeah so I don't know how many different calibration codes Ford used (MCU). I made a mistake, mine are all PL code not PB (close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades). I know you're perplexed as I have been many times while owning these cars....but when "they are right" they're GOOD and worth a bit extra. As for distance, UPS and FedEx can account for that amongst friends.

Comment

Working...
          X