85 Grand Marquis LS 5.0L Engine Coolant temp Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 Grand Marquis LS 5.0L Engine Coolant temp Switch

Does anyone know the actual value that the coolant temp switch triggers? I put a new one in and wanted to test the old one to see if it is actually bad.

they don't have a temp switch. There's an oil pressure switch and a coolant temp sensor.

the resistance table for the temp sensor is here: http://oldfuelinjection.com/?p=28

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My car does have the switch. I can short the Red/White wire to that switch to ground and get my check engine light to illuminate. The switch is located next to the distributor. The coolant temperature sensor is mounted on my thermostat housing.

Comment

The one for the idiot light. Its the replace engine light, comes on when its too hot or doesn't have enough oil presure to survive. I want to say it comes on around 230F.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks for the help. I know the OEM thermostat is supposed to be full open at 221 or 223F.

Comment

Working...
          X