Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ds II

just had a quick question.

1981 ltd, 302 2bbl vv carb, dsII ignition, can I remove the mcu and the sensors in the intake? does removing this system affect the dsII ignition?

the plan is to slowly remove anything not needed under the hood(smog, extra crap, ect)

You probably have Duraspark III on that one if its got the 3 connector wires. If it does, read the timing procedure under the hood and just leave it set that way. I believe it involves jumpering the wires in the yellow connector to disable the spark retard, though it might just be unplugging it. At that point, its effectively Duraspark II. If you don't have the 3 connector ignition box, then the MCU has nothing to do with the ignition system. It basically works the EGR valve and a couple of the other smog controls. You can also just change the 3 wire box out to a 2 wire and call that square.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thanks gadget73, thats the answer I needed. guess i'll scrape up a 2 connector box.

Comment

personally I'm cheap. I'd just rock the 3 wire box and bypass the timing retard function until it died. Pretty sure you just connect the 2 wires in that extra plug.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X