motor swapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor swapping

I have a '89 Marquis that I bought for $100. The car is a descent car but the enging doesn't run great. The engine needs a rebuild and I just so happen to have an engine in a 67 truck that I'm having problems transfering. I'm not really knowledgeable in the ford stuff. I'm more of a Chevy person. My question is can I swap a 352 FE engine into the Marquis? I know Chevys you can swap between manual trans, auto trans, big block, small block easily. What about Ford?
    \'89 Mercury Marquis (winter beater)
    \'96 Chevy Caprice (Summer Daily Driver)
    \'85 Chevy Monte Carlo (Bracket Racer)
    \'67 Ford F250 (Parts Hauler)

Now that would be an interesting swap!

I know the FE motor mounts and transmission bellhousings are unique to those motors...

It probably wouldn't be an easy swap, but would generate MAJOR cool points!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Since a 460 fits, an FE will surely fit. It is smaller and lighter. A 5-speed would be the ticket.
      The reason to do it however is not because you happen to have a 352 laying around. 352 performance would not justify the cost, blood and sweat necessary for such a transplant. Everything is different and nothing is in common with a FE and any other Ford engine family. If you just happened to have a 428CJ laying around, then it would be more worth it.
      Nothing is cooler in my book than an FE. If you have the dedication and funds then go for it. If not, find another body for your engine.

Comment

Working...
      X