Carb'd Valve Cover for EFI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb'd Valve Cover for EFI?

Can't find any threads with this question. Can we use valve covers meant for carb'd cars for EFI? I know the EFI cars have just the oil fill tube with the vent fitting. I got these valve covers at a swap meet years ago. I figured that I would plug the air breather and install an oil fill tube with the fitting (Trick Flow makes them). Will this work?

Packman

you can use them if they're not too tall. Just plug the holes on the passenger side that's covered by the intake and use the hole on the other for the oil fill on the driver side instead of the passenger side (as you mentioned). I wouldn't plug the breather tube as that would defeat the PCV system. If the oil fill tube allows a side port for the breather, I'd use that, if not, I'd make something that would go to the passenger side instead of plugging that hole.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I will be using an intake spacer when the time comes. Plus the oil fill tube is on the driver's side valve cover (not pictured) and it has the side port. I was going to run the tube from that port to the intake, like the stock system. Only difference is that it's on the driver's side valve cover. I couldn't find any solid grommets to plug the passenger side hole, so I filled it with the plugged breather. I figured that I would emulate the stock system. Thanks again SLY

Packman

Comment

The fill tubes end up on the opposite corners, but they do work. I have a set off an 85 Mustang on my car. You just need the flat oil fill cap to go under the back corner of the intake and you fill it from the driver's side. I got my flat cap from the auto parts store in the useless chrome section. The other side, you can use the old PCV filler cap, just take a PCV valve and cut the end out to remove the check ball, or find a suitable fitting to stuff in there in place of the valve. Connect to the throttle body like stock and Bob's your uncle.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X