Before tail pipes go back on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before tail pipes go back on..

I got an exhuast done and it was hitting the fuel tank I finally got it fixed but I think it was to late because the fuel pump DIED shortly after. Anyway I was getting a lot of pressure from when I opens the cap from the tank. At times it would litterally shoot off, I thought it was because the exhaust hitting the tank. Well I cut the exhaust and installed new tank and pump. Went to get gas and same thing cap flys off. Is there anything I'm missing before I weld the tail pipes back on :P I saw a valve thing on top of the tank can that go bad. Or is that normal? I don't remember it before.
    sigpic

The evap system is screwed up. My vote is on the check valve at the top of the tank where the vent hose hooks being gummy. The other option is that someone smashed or capped the steel line that runs from that area up to the charcoal canister under the battery to cause it to not vent.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks! Do you think that will mess up my new fuel pump if I don't fix it?
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe, maybe not, but it will tend to make the car stink of fuel and be prone to leaking around the fill neck if you top it off.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Okay cool. One last question. Where is the steel line from under the battery suppose to run up to? Or is it a open vent thing?
          sigpic

Comment

Runs to the charcoal canister under the battery, and there is a vacuum line from that to the evap purge solenoid to suck the fuel fumes into the motor. If that is missing, it will just burp the fumes out of the canister or the end of the steel line, depending how much is not there.

Comment

That purge solenoid should be poking around the battery as well. Vacuum from intake into purge solenoid..that vacuum line then connects to the charcoal canister...out of the canister to that hard line right behind the battery on the frame rail and runs to the tanks vent.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
              X