No announcement yet.

I'm lost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a similar issue on my 85 vic, egr was clogged compleatly.
    1985 Crown Victoria Tudor
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0 conv
    1996 F250 Power Stroke
    2004 Mustang GT conv

Comment

Day 3.....
      New map with connector and same symptoms. Stumbles and dies when cold when it is warmed and stays running smells bad like a old weed wacker. I'm really hoping no one poured water in my tank at school. Gonna check fuel pressure today.
      sigpic

Comment

I still suspect its gonna be egr or vacuum related. Fuel pressure is rarely a big issue on these. Its generally either completely normal, or you have none.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	1279143Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1279144. Unless I did something wrong I'm only getting 20 psi is there anything other then fuel pump that can cause this problem?
          sigpic

Comment

Is that with it running or no?

Bad pump, clogged filter, bad pressure regulator, an extremely leaky injector (you'd see this, it would be pissing fuel down the throttle body) or a split in the line from the pump to the mounting plate are about all thats likely. Its just not a very involved system.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes that's it running. After I shut it off back down to zero. New regulator. New filter. The injectors were new about 2 years ago they pulse and spray like normal from what I can see. At idle the spit like the sound of the pulse then when giving gas they spray in. I'll look more into lines but I'm thinking now the pump is a defect.
              sigpic

Comment

Before you dismiss the pump you might want to listen to your gut and put fresh gas in it.. Could be your cats are junk now too if it's still got 'em. I'd start with the simple things first by draining the gas and putting fresh stuff in. 20psi might be enough for CFI, I know the 454 GMC we have runs on 13 and that's what GM says it should be. I remember you mentioned the car runs better when you goose it, so does the pressure fluctuate at higher RPMs? Also, I'm not positive on this but I think pressure is supposed to remain in the system for a while after you shut the car down. If my '85 was still around I'd verify that...
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                X