Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    HiFi,

For future reference, could you list those part numbers? With any luck I should be stripping & painting my HO upper & TB today, I'd like to replace that shiz again when I do the swap. As people have heard me bitch, my car burns no oil in the city but on the freeway over 75mph it starts to drink it.
    He posted pics on FB... here's the numbers:
    FA-1068 Breather Filter (Screen) E6ZZ-6A631-B
    F747A Retainer (Grommet) F7CZ-6A892-AA

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Running 10W-40 in this one.

PCV valve is D9ZZ-6A666-A
      Screen is E6ZZ-6A631-B
      Grommet is F7CZ-6A892-AA

The grommet fits really nice. So does the valve. I'm not putting any rtv on it, I dont think it needs it.

Also, old screen was wrecked pulling it out. Probably due to the remaining rtv. It wasn't clogged. Hell, it was still shiny.

I'll top off the oil, and just keep an eye on it for a bit.
      1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Bah, sly beat me to it. Oh well.
        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I snuck the numbers from your FB post... you added the valve though.

I could just delete my posts :-p

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Oh I don't care. Leave 'em. Make them show up better in future Googly searches maybe.

Also, did anyone notice those part numbers span three decades? Haha!

Comment

The OEM stuff I would expect to fit. Its the aftermarket stuff that is shaky in that department.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                What grade oil are you using? Mine ate 5w30 on the highway, 10w30 didn't use any noticable amount.

Alex.
                5W-30..... I didn't think that would make a difference but I'll be changing it to 10w30 on the next oil change. Thanks for the tip Alex.

Originally posted by sly View Post
                He posted pics on FB... here's the numbers:
                Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
                PCV valve is D9ZZ-6A666-A
                Screen is E6ZZ-6A631-B
                Grommet is F7CZ-6A892-AA
                Part numbers, yay! I'll be forwarding these to Ashley to order them up Thanks fellas.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                X